Sunday, April 26, 2009

Summer is here!!

The weather was warm, the beer was going down easy and the lobsters were red. We spent the weekend at camp with Kadin, Crystal, Jared, Hogan, Dad, Storm, Aunt Patti, Uncle Blaine and Ida, Raven, Tera, Diva and Ali (I think that covers the Carter dogs). It was a beautiful weekend with great company. The perfect way to kick off summa'time. Friday night, before we headed to camp, Hogan and Kadin finally met and of course they hit it off. They played great and became fast friends (just like we knew they would).
Ben has himself a new fishing partner.
I don't think that there is a cuter wet dog out there, but I know I am a bit biased. Kadin dabbled in the water and she definitely knows how to swim, but she didn't have much interest. Ben believes this is just another sign of her great intelligence, as the water was about 43 degrees and none of the human population was swimming.

The play hard and they rest well (until a chipmunk is spotted).


5 comments:

  1. I heard there was a little incident of storm tipping over Ben in the canoe. It sounds really cute and funny now, but I'm sure it was very upsetting at the time. I'm so sad I wasn't there this weekend, it seems like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great kick off to summer. The canoe incident wasn't that upsetting. The upsetting part was not having a camera ready. Ben was right in front of the dock and only got wet from the waist down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pix...Looks more like summer than spring at camp. Was the water warm Ben? That pup in the canoe is a priceless pic. Nothing better than lobsters and camp IMO. I cant wait to spend some time at camp, need any help painting? You want a house guest for a few days? I am thinking i will spend some time in Portland, Bangor, Camp, Silverlake and hopefully with the carters so Blaine can help me with my new pup if he has time. See ya soon, Im packing and will be offline in a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time. I love the hammers!! No messin' around when you want the lobster meat, huh? Grandpa will love the lobster boil pic with the Red Sox pic!!! LOL Canoe pics are precious and Kadin seems very adept. I sure wish the spill was caught on camera tho!! Get summer photos and thank you so much for sharing them. Love to all, Mom

    ReplyDelete