Monday, July 27, 2009

Triathlon Completed!


Caitlyn, Crystal and I have all completed our first sprint (short) triathlon and it was great! The race included a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, a 3 mile run and 3,000 women. We went down on Saturday and picked up our race numbers, swim caps and all the free samples we could throw in our bags.


A little after 5 am and we were at the race site parking area getting ready to ride with all our gear in to the race venue. The hotel we stayed at opened their breakfast at 4:30 am for all the racers.
This is my transition towel where I set out all my gear in order to move from one part of the race to the next as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I forgot to attach my race number before the run.
Here I am, ready to swim!! Great look, isn't it.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Rachael! You and Crystal are way quicker than me when it comes to blogging. I'll post about it sometime next... month? Who knows. Great weekend overall. I'll see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Rachael, I am so proud of you! Caitlyn told me you did really well, that's great! Can't wait to see you this weekend and hear more about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go girls!!! It has to be the best high ever to know that you all worked so hard and finished the race...while having some powerful girl-time as well. I especially like the photo of you guys in the swim caps ...very becoming! High fives to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry ...that previous post was from me, your loving Florida Mom!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Race and congratulations, Rachel, good job! You didn't say where you finished?? Love, NANA xxoo

    ReplyDelete