Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Tree Leads to Another

We began the day by marking the "keeper" trees. Then Ben got the chainsaw out because he wanted to cut the first tree down. . . a couple of hours later he had cut the first 20 trees and after today he has cut the first 50 trees down and plans to rent an excavator to continue the clearing. As I said, one tree leads to another and an excavator. 




While Ben chopped trees down, I played with rocks. All of the large boulders were covered with rocks and I have made it my mission to uncover the boulders. I am excited to use the rocks in some future projects. All of those rocks were on that boulder and yes my arms are a bit sore tonight. 
 While uncovering the rocks, I happened upon a nest of moles. I tried to put the nest back together but I don't think mom is coming back. Our neighbor, Mac, who is 3 years old was very excited to meet and touch the baby moles.



I would say that the work has officially begun at 1063 Maggies Way. . . it's still pretty surreal.



1 comment:

  1. "If I Were Doing It"

    I probably wouldn't make use of the Hard Hat.

    DAJ

    ReplyDelete