Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not sure what to call this post

Well this weekend was not all that exciting but I want to keep the blogger inside myself alive so I don't get lazy about it, so this one is for the die hard Cozy Keaton fans. I'm sure you're out there.

Ben went to work on Saturday, boring, but OT pay is a good thing. I spent the day baking, cleaning, organizing and laundering (clothes), which is actually a great day in my book. We went out for a ski Saturday evening and had several close encounters with the snowmobiles. I am not sure if they really couldn't see us or if they just like to scare skiers. We were on the lake so there was plenty of room for everyone to have fun.

It was time for a hot meal when we came in. I include these pictures mainly because the smoke alarm went off three times while Ben was talking to his mom and I was making dinner. I just want Kim to see that the biscuits are golden brown and so far I haven't burnt any soup. This is sweet potato bisque from Trader Joes, it is excellent and has only six ingredients, all of which were natural. Now I know why my mom never leaves Massachusetts without a trip to Trader Joes.
This picture is the reason every home needs an office of some sort, and yes I just cleaned the table off yesterday. It's a mess but we were both proud of ourselves for getting tax stuff organized. Danielle, did you notice the water bottle? It goes to school with me everyday. Thanks!Sunday we finally ventured to the downhill ski slopes. Wild cat has a deal on Sunday afternoons, so we hit it up. We had some great runs and no injuries, unfortunately Ben's headache turned in to a full blown migraine and he is now in bed trying to sleep it off.The migraine has set in at this point and it was time for us to head home, but the hair was just to good to forgo the picture. Did everyone know that I am now Ben's hairdresser, this was actually his idea. Looks like is it is time for a trim.

3 comments:

  1. I'm here! I love reading your posts, even if they're about everyday things. It makes me feel like we're not so far apart! (And really, I guess we aren't that far apart anymore.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would consider myself a diehard Cozy Keaton fan. In fact, I make a point to check your blog every Monday morning so I'm happy to see pics posted here! Looks like you had a nice weekend with some skiing, cooking and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Besides the headache, DH skiing was fun i hope. If I had more hair, id let Rach be my stylist (was that the L.Lovett 'dew)?

    ReplyDelete