Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bohemian Waxwing

For the Bird watchers amongst us. I finally found the real name for the birds photographed over Winterfest/my birthday weekend. Sorry it took so long, as I really did not know where to start. After talking with Linda, our landlord, she led me in the direction of the Cedar Waxwing. From there I ended up narrowing it down to the Bohemian Waxwing. Come to find out through the web link below I was quite lucky to photograph this flock as they are rarely this far south and east in the United States. They prefer western Canada for breeding grounds and only venture this way in the winter, I guess to warm up a bit. See it is not so cold here in the winter Danielle, if you compare it to northwestern Canada. Enjoy the web page.
Click Me!

2 comments:

  1. I thought they were yellow-tailed squabblers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo is much better than the one on the Web site! Thanks for researching. Beautiful birds and it sounds like a notable siting :)

    Love you two, Mom

    ReplyDelete